After working in a number of different legal settings and law firms in Colorado, Tokyo, Japan, Washington, Illinois, and Michigan, Sunjay Sterling was never able to provide the type of direct communication and service desired by clients without receiving pushback from firm partners who wanted such attention limited to larger clients. With this in mind, Sunjay Sterling created Sunjay Sterling, Attorney at Law, PLLC, a law firm where you will communicate directly with the attorney handling your legal matter, no matter the extent of your legal expenses and complexity of your legal matter.
Sunjay Sterling, founder and principal attorney of Sunjay Sterling, Attorney at Law, PLLC, focuses his Novi, MI law practice on tax law, corporate law and business legal matters.
Sunjay Sterling’s international education and legal experience has taught him how to effectively work with a wide variety of individual and corporate clients of all sizes facing simple, every day legal matters, to sophisticated legal issues. Throughout his years of practice in government, law firms and the financial industry, Sunjay Sterling has found that tax, corporate and business law frequently intersect. By focusing his practice solely on tax, corporate and business law matters, Sunjay Sterling can provide comprehensive legal counsel to corporations, business owners and individuals who may be facing a number of legal issues or who are simply seeking legal advice.
Whether it be an audit, drafting, negotiating, or enforcing a commercial, employment, licensing or other business contract, reviewing the tax impact of a transaction, counsel on the best type of company to form for your business, formation of a non-profit entity, disclosing offshore holdings to the IRS, reorganization of your existing entity or consulting to reduce the tax burden on your business earnings, or any other numerous business, corporate or tax issue, Sunjay Sterling, Attorney at Law, PLLC, is an attorney who will provide competent counsel, realistic expectations, and an unparalleled level of service and communication.
LL.M., University of Denver Graduate Tax Program
Master of Laws in Taxation
J.D., University of Denver College of Law
St. Peter’s College, University of Oxford
Bachelor of Arts, University of Nevada
Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
- "Hot Topics in Health Law Tax" by Sunjay Sterling, JD, LLM, 2016 Institute for Continuing Legal Education Health Law Institute, Plymouth, MI, March 11, 2016.
- Author of "The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012" - Volume 23, Number 2, 2013 of Experience, the American Bar Association Senior Lawyer Division Magazine.
- Co-Author of the "Tax Savings Strategies During Acquisitions" portion of the "Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business" seminar - June 27, 2013 National Business Institute Seminar in Oak Brook, Illinois.
- Author of "Introduction to Accounting for Trusts and Estates" Part I and Part II, Volume 22, Number 2 and Number 3, 2012 and 2013, Experience, the American Bar Association Senior Lawyer Division Magazine.
- Author of "1099 Reporting: What You Need to Know" - Volume 21, Number 3, 2011 of Experience, the American Bar Association Senior Lawyer Division Magazine.
- Author of the 2011 Illinois State Bar Association Federal Tax Conference Individual Income Tax Update
- Author of seminar materials for “IRS Form 1099 Reporting: What You Need to Know”
- Author of “How the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 Can Affect You” – Volume 21, Number 1, 2011 of Experience, the American Bar Association Senior Lawyer Division Magazine.
- Author of the 2010 Illinois State Bar Association Federal Tax Conference Individual Income Tax Update.
- Co-Author of “Increase a Charitable Endowment for Pennies on the Dollar” – Volume 20, Number 3, 2010 of Experience, the American Bar Association Senior Lawyer Division Magazine.
- Guest Co-Host of nationally broadcasted radio show “Un-Common Law” on WCPT – April 2010.